The Mandarin Centre is a newly established learning centre within our Peninsula International School Australia and Imperial International School. It is aimed to equip our teachers with proven methods of teaching and learning Mandarin as well as Chinese culture and customs. The Mandarin Centre is supported by The Confucius Institute (CI) at SEGi University. The Confucius Institute is jointly hosted by Hainan Normal University of China and SEGi University of Malaysia making it one of the 548 exclusive Confucius Institutes worldwide governed by the Chinese Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters in in China.
The stated goals of The Confucius Institute at SEGi Uni are:
- To enhance the understanding of Chinese language and culture.
- Strengthen the educational exchanges and cooperation between China and Malaysia.
- Carry out a variety of teaching and cultural activities to promote culture and the understanding of Modern China.
BENEFITS TO OUR SCHOOLS
- An opportunity for our Mandarin department and its teachers to enhance the teaching & learning of Mandarin using internationally-recognised methods
- To provide the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi and Youth Chinese Test, a Mandarin programme recognised worldwide
- To enable our schools to be the learning hub for Chinese history, culture and customs via The Confucius Institute (CI) at SEGi University
- To facilitate renowned speakers to share on Chinese cultures and business strategies
For more information, please download the brochure here.