Experienced local junior School Teacher required for March 2019
Peninsula International School Australia, Malaysia Campus (PISA) is the first International School in Malaysia to deliver the Victorian Curriculum and the Victorian Certificate of Educational in partnership with Peninsula Grammar in Mornington Peninsula, Victoria. Such Programs operate under licence to the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority known as VCAA. PISA is located in a suburb of Kuala Lumpur known as Setia Alam and is approximately 45 mins from the city centre.
Description of the role:
This post offers an exciting and interesting opportunity for a successful, committed and motivated Junior School teacher for Year 2 [7-8 year olds]. The post involves working with mainstream students as Junior School teacher teaching English, Maths and Inquiry Based Units. In a spacious, air conditioned and well resourced modern classroom.
We are looking for a full time teacher whose main scope will be as a Junior School Teacher to commence from March 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Ideally we would like to appoint a teacher with experience of teaching children in an International School.
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons which are documented and reflect school schemes of work based on school pedagogical understanding
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment including using data to monitor progress, set targets and plan subsequent lessons
- Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders
- Undertaking pastoral duties and support the wider aspect of school life
- Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher
Who are we looking for?
- A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTSSEN qualifications
- Ability to work with more than one age group would be necessary
- A minimum of 2 and up to 6 years recent teaching SEN experience preferred and / or international experience welcomed.
- A good understanding of SEN pedagogy and teaching and learning
- Experience / understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English might be an additional language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead as well as collaborate with leaders.
- A high level of professionalism
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
Applications close: March 16th 2019
Please complete the online form below and submit to our HR. However, please note that we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date, and interviews, via phone and Skype, will be arranged for all short-listed applicants.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.