Peninsula International School Australia is set to open in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in January 2018, offering Australia’s Victorian Curriculum based Primary and Secondary education for students from PreP (Age 6) to Year 12 (Age 18).
Our curriculum is delivered through partnerships with the prestigious Peninsula Grammar of Mount Eliza, Victoria, Australia. Peninsula Grammar provides academic support, course structure and support materials, along with training and mentoring programmes for teachers while we adhere to the highest standards of education associated with Peninsula Grammar’s long tradition of academic excellence.
Peninsula International School Australia will allow students in Malaysia to study for an internationally recognised qualification without having to leave their home. Our students can develop a high level of fluency in English and a strong understanding of the western education system. This ensures that they are well prepared for study at western universities in the future.
The school is always interested to hear from inspirational, highly skilled Primary and Secondary School teachers for any positions that may open up in 2018-2019. If you are excited by the challenge of a different teaching experience in a vibrant environment, this opportunity may well be for you. The successful candidates will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all students.
Description of the role:
- A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS
- Ability to work with more than one age group would be desirable
- A minimum of 3 and up to 10 years recent teaching experience preferred and / or international experience welcomed. Teaching couples are strongly encouraged to apply
- A good understanding of the VCE Curriculum and relevant teaching and learning experience in Australia an advantage
- Experience / understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English might be an additional language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead as well as collaborate with leaders
- A high level of professionalism
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- Able to adapt to living in an Asian culture
What we offer
- A friendly, supportive working environment in a wonderful environment
- Excellent employment / accommodation packages for experienced teachers in a welcoming location with substantially lower living costs than Australia
- The opportunity to make a difference and be part of a new international school
- An attractive salary with the ability to save paid in Malaysian Ringgit
- All visa documentation and processing included in the benefits
- Return flights to country of origin (at the start and end of contract)
- Baggage / relocation allowance (at the start and end of contract)
- EPF contribution (up to 12% for expat teachers)
- Comprehensive medical insurance and residence visa
- Free education for your children (a maximum of 2 places offered)
- Modern, comfortable and fully furnished apartment accommodation provided by the school (details available for those shortlisted candidates at interviews)
- Transport to and from school on a daily basis
- A safe environment and a wonderful lifestyle unique to Malaysia
Please complete the online form below and submit to our HR. However, please note that we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date, and interviews, via phone and Skype, will be arranged for all short-listed applicants.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.